All About that Glow:

Glossier Delivers the Dewiness of your Dreams

(seriously glowy minus that summer sweat)


Glossier, the sought after skincare and makeup brand developed by American beauty editor, Emily Weiss, launched in 2014. With a focus on 'skin first, makeup second' the range centred around a collection of essentials that did their job DAMN well. Face Mist, priming moisturiser, lip balm and skin tint. Flash forward to 2018 and Glossier has expanded its range to incorporate more skincare and 'no makeup' makeup. 


Glossier has been on every 'It Girl's' lips (and Instagram feeds) for the last year.  Being the beauty blogger stalker I am, it pained me to see Glossier's glowy goodness on their gorgeous faces and never actually experience it for myself. UNTIL NOW...


A recent (v cold) trip to New York (the home and only source of Glossier) meant an afternoon was put aside to visit the millennial pink showroom (#instagoals). I dragged my bestie along with me and basked in all its glory. Many dollars were dropped (eek!) and I regret nothing! Prepare to NEED everything and be severely disappointed they don't ship to Australia *heart breaks*

Skincare 

Milky Jelly Cleanser.  Of all Glossier's products, the Milky Jelly Cleanser is one of the most popular. As the name suggests, the texture is gel-like, but in my eyes, not milky. Formulated from rosewater and comfrey-root extract, it cleanses and moisturises the skin, leaving it hydrated and clean, my skin never feels tight or dry after using it. Its so good I could wash my face over and over again (is 15 times too many??)


It does claim to remove makeup - however, I ALWAYS remove makeup before with a micellar water (Bioderma Sensibo H20 is the bomb.com) and then use Milky Jelly. This just ensures that all makeup residue and dirt build up is completely removed before you get your beauty sleep. 




Priming Moisturiser Rich. Sister to the OG Priming Moisturiser, Priming Moisturiser Rich is targeted for especially dehydrated/dry skin which is most of us in the winter months. I NEEDED this when I was in New York as my oily, summer familiar skin was getting a battering in -14C  temps. Surprisingly, I have been using this since I've been back, even though it has been hot! and I am ALWAYS OILY (thanks, humidity). I only use a smidge at night before bed and I DONT EVEN THINK about using it during the day - just 'cause super-rich moisturiser + summer heat = butter face (cute!)

Awesome glow-factor aside, this moisturiser is pretty damn good. It's hardcore hydrating and soothing, redness-reducing and an all-round giant drink of water for your skin - so basically all you could ever want in a moisturiser. Beaut!

Oh! and it smells delightful too - that's all...


Makeup 

Boy Brow. A Cult favourite and rightly so, Boy Brow is a unique waxy -gel formula that leaves the brows groomed to perfection while also maintaining that natural 'I woke up like this' look. So easily applied (the spoolie is tiny, allowing to coat each hair) the wax adds definition to the eyebrows without leaving them crispy/crusty. 

I usually fill my eyebrows in with a waxy pencil, but since I've had boy brow, all I've needed to do is comb them through first with a separate brow spoolie and then apply the product by brushing it through the hairs. I know I'm never going to have Lily Collins' eyebrows, but I come pretty darn close with boy brow! 

Cloud Paint. The most intriguing product of Glossier's for me was the cloud paint cheek colour. Little tubes of glowy goodness, their staying power and colour pay off has been very impressive. The smallest amount dotted onto the apples of the cheeks and blended with fingertips gives a natural and effortless flush to the complexion and makes wearing blush (a product that can be all too tedious and easily overlooked) fun and creative! 

I picked up Haze and Beam and I like them a lot. Beam is a more subtle peachy pink colour and Haze is more of a fuschia pink (sounds scary but it's not). For so long I poo-pooed cream- based products and thought matte, ghost-like skin was THE jam. BOY was I wrong (if you can't tell by the title of this post I'm all about that glow!). Cloud paint makes the skin look radiant and fresh, you'll be loving yourself sick!

Haloscope. One of the most natural highlighters I have come across, Haloscope, the dew effect highlighter is effortless glow in crayon form. Applied to the top of the cheekbones, either by drawing on the skin directly from the bullet or first applying to fingertips and then tapping into the skin, it adds a lit from within glow and brightness to the face. 

It is so easy to use and doesn't have any of that glitter-sparkle like most highlighters do, making this the perfect highlighter for daytime wear. Paired with the Cloud Paints, your skin will look super healthy and g-damn glowy (have I said GLOWY enough this post? Don't think so..)


Fragrance

You.  I'm not one to pretend to know anything about perfumes seeing as though I've been spritzing the classic Marc Jacobs Daisy for years, so please bear with me as I try to describe the following fragrance.   

This fragrance is intriguing. It is described as being a 'skin smell enhancer', a perfume that encompasses the wearer and smells like you (them). I have to agree that this smells completely different from the first spray, to the lingering waft later when the breeze catches your clothes. Its always changing slightly and that's the unique part - so many different undertones, some which are picked up at different times to others. At the moment I smell musky, citrus, woody tones. But then again, the way it wears on the individual changes its overall scent. Either way, it is definitely one of my favourite purchases, the bottle is so satisfying (the thumb imprint is just too genius) 

 If you have made it this far, I applaud you. It isn't easy reading about these Insta worthy products and not being able to jump online quick smart and order them for yourself. BUT, if the makeup gods are looking down on us, I have a feeling (more of a severe longing) Glossier will soon be available in Australia. If not, then I must sell all that I own and move to New York, cause life isn't worth livin' without dat Glossier GLOW. 



In the meantime, I'll be over here refreshing Glossier.com and writing glow on repeat. GLOW! 


Comments

Popular Posts