The Beauty Report Card:

Benefit Cheek Parade 

Hit or Miss?


There has been a fair amount of hype surrounding the release of the Benefit Cheek Parade and luckily for me, I was able to get my hands on this limited-edition bronzer and blush palette (Yay for roommates with connections). With reviews from bloggers and websites ranging from yay to nay - I was keen to test it out for myself.


Let's Break it down (now) 

What: Benefit Cheek Parade featuring 5 full-size powders; two bronzers -the cult-loved Hoola Bronzer and the newly released Hoola Lite. Three blush products - another cult classic Rockateur Blush, Dandelion and new Galifornia Blush.

Where: Benefit counters in stores such as Myer and Sephora, as well as online. 

Price: $99

Pros: The palette features full-size bronzers and blush, and also has a small brush which is perfect for contour. Great for travel- everything you need for a flawless face is right in this palette. The price is unreal, you get five full-size products for the value of two. What a bargain! It would be rude not to....

Cons:  The packaging - while compact (considering the amount of product you get) it's slightly tacky. The main downfall of the packaging is the front cover which appears to have a sticker covering the top of the title. It was probably made for last years limited edition cheek palettes and the leftovers were used for this year's release. While I'm all for recycling, there is something to be said about keeping cosmetic packaging new, clean and aesthetically pleasing and this doesn't really do it for me. In reality, it's not a deal breaker by any means but does decrease the palettes overall rating.

Say hello to last years palette! Clever of cheap?


The Product: The quality of the powders are noteworthy. I had never tried the Hoola Bronzer before I purchased this palette so I was interested to compare it to crowd favourite Nars Laguna Bronzer. Hoola is extremely pigmented so a light hand is needed in order to keep the 'muddy' cheek look to a minimum. I was also impressed by the Hoola lite. As the name suggests, it's a lighter more subtle version of the original. I've been using it religiously for some cheek bone definition (they're hiding there somewhere) along with a swish of some blush on the apples of the cheeks. I've been having a real blush moment ever since I've had this palette in my hot little hands. I love to apply a small amount on the cheeks to add a hint of colour. I find it pulls a natural makeup look together with very little effort - perfect for those mornings when you have approximately 5 seconds to get ready. Galifornia and Rockateur have been my go-to choices and golly gosh I thank the makeup gods for them every day. Trust me, you will too...





Rating: Hit! -  ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 





Comments

  1. Thank you so much for your thoughts! Loved it!

    xx Lisa | lisaautumn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Lisa! So glad you enjoyed it xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts