Get the Look: Autumnal Eyes |

 A bold eye is the new bold lip


Copper and orange eyes are having a serious moment and I'm HERE FOR IT. Now, let me stop you mid eye-roll, cause it's not as scary to get right as you might think! Orangey toned eyes add a pop of colour to your look, in the same way, a bold lip will - minus the strange lipstick wear and constant reapplying (and who would miss the dreaded lipstick on teeth look. NOT ME)

Despite what you may think, a bold eye doesn't have to be a night time only event. I've been slowly bringing it into my daytime look rotation (yes that is a thing, don't judge me) in an attempt to feel more put together without too much more effort.

A bold eye look, calls for a simpler complexion that is flawless as possible (oh hi Kim K) and doesn't verge on the side of 'cakey' -I try to avoid this look at ALL costs on a regular day, but with a bold eye, it is even more important!


Introducing the Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette - featuring 12 shades on the orangey/ copper side of the spectrum, this is the eye shadow palette that has inspired a bold eye revolution. 

Let's talk about the face

For base, I use It Cosmetics CC Cream, blended into the skin with a densely bristled brush - Real Techniques Stippling Brush or Bareminerals Smoothing Face brush are my go -to's.

For eyebrows, I've religiously been using Glossier's Boy Brow - it's the perfect combination of refined brows in a one-sweep motion. It really couldn't be easier, my dad could do it.

For mascara, I continuously reach for the Lancome Grandiose Mascara, you can read my review of the product here.

For blush/bronzer, depending if it's daytime or nighttime wear, my choice of blush or bronzer will differ in intensity. When wearing a bold eye to work, I'll go for something subtle. Glossier Cloud Paint in Beam has been an everyday staple. For night time, some Hoola Bronzer or a swirl of the Hourglass Ambient Lighting palette in the shade radiant light on the high-point of the cheeks gives the skin an extra glow.

For highlighter, Glossier's Haloscope on the top of the cheekbones is quickly becoming the most used product in my makeup bag. I've already raved about it enough here, but basically it's all kinds of amazing if you're into that lit from within, ethereal glow vibe. Not really my cup of tea if I'm honest. (Haha jks who am I kidding)


Let's talk about the eyes

An extremely versatile colour range means you can really boost up the pigmentation, or tone down your eye look depending on occasion and mood. I've been using the same shades on repeat ever since I purchased this bad boy in NYC.

Chaser is a perfect shade for use all over the lid. This matte is buttery soft and allows other colours to blend easily through the crease and along the lash line.

Low Blow has been one of my favourites to blend into the crease. It is an ochre brown that also gives a lovely warmth to the complexion

He Devil is one of the very red oranges, and I'm usually feeling adventurous if I turn to this during the day - it's a very 'look at me I'm wearing eyeshadow' shade. A small amount on the lid, blended out WELL, is a sure fire way to lift your spirits and put a pep in your step when you are feeling a little 'blah'.

Dirty Talk, a metallic copper orange, is one of the easiest shades to wear. I either pack it onto an already blended out Low blow and He devil or wear it on its own. It is iridescent, but subtle enough to wear during the day.

Cayenne this warm chocolatey matte, is another statement shadow, but can also be worn as an eyeliner blended into the lash line. I've been pairing this with Diry Talk or He Devil for a more intense slightly vampy night time look.

En Feugo,  a plum-brown, shade which is perfect for creating a slightly winged eyeshadow look. I tend to concentrate it on the outer corner of the eye and then blend the remaining into the crease. This is more of a nighttime look- but then again, you do you (boo)

So the moral of the story? Don't be afraid to get creative and be adventurous with your eye makeup. I'm not suggesting you should wear bright orange shadow tomorrow if you're someone who usually wears nothing, but perhaps venture outside your comfort zone next time you reach for a neutral shade. At the end of the day, makeup is for experimentation, creativity and enjoyment. It can help you feel different. It speaks to everyone differently.

For me, it sings at operatic volumes and I damn well LOVE IT.




Comments

Popular Posts